About the Coalition
Welcome to the CCSAGE blog and website, sponsored by the County Coalition for Safe and Appropriate Green Energy. We are the #1 source for news and information on the wind energy development issue in Prince Edward County.
Our home page is a blog which is updated with news items relevant to the County a couple of times per week. N.B. You can click on ”Receive new posts via email” on the right side of this page to receive these news items automatically as they are posted.
CCSAGE, which is comprised of citizens’ groups and business owners in Prince Edward County, has as its mission:
- To SHARE credible information about the wind energy development issue with County residents, business owners and municipal government.
- To identify and promote ways to PROTECT the County from the adverse effects of uncontrolled, large-scale wind energy development in the County.
Our major areas of concern include social / cultural, economic and environmental issues and effects on:
- Human health from noise and infrasound.
- Residential property values and property rights.
- Our natural environment — birds, bats and other wildlife.
- Municipal control over land use.
- Our local economy — tourism, retirement living and creative businesses.
The citizens’ groups in CCSAGE are:
- APPEC: Alliance to Protect Prince Edward County — http://www.appec.ca
- CCPEC: Concerned Citizens of Prince Edward County — http://www.ccpec.on.ca
- CREW: Citizens for Responsible Energy from Wind
- Pt2Pt: Point to Point PEC Foundation — http://pointtopointpec.ca
- SSC: South Shore Conservancy — http://southshoreconservancy.ca
Each group within the coalition operates independently of the others and shares some (not necessarily all) of the above concerns, and may also have its own unique objectives. Please refer to each group’s website for more details.
Please browse the site and comment on posts that interest you. If you would like to be kept up to date on local developments, you can subscribe for email updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.