Ostrander Point — Catch up on expert testimony on the natural environment
In the Ostrander Point ERT Appeal phase 1 — plant life, animal life and the natural environment — PECFN’s expert witnesses (the first 4 of 8) have been truly impressive.
If you haven’t been able to keep up on a daily basis, her are links to the reports published by CCSAGE at www.ccsage.wordpress.com plus information about the next ERT sessions.
Testimony of expert witnesses
1. Dr. Paul Catling on alvars: https://ccsage.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/day-3-of-the-ostrander-point-ert-appeal-dr-paul-catling-on-alvars/ . Note: an alvar is an area of thin or no soil over a limestone base.
More cross-examination: https://ccsage.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/day-6-of-ostrander-point-more-cross-examination-of-dr-catling/ .
2. Dr. Robert Barclay on bats: https://ccsage.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/day-4-of-the-ostrander-point-ert-appeal-dr-robert-barclay-on-bats/ .
3. Ms. Kari Gunson on access roads and Blanding’s turtles: https://ccsage.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/day-8-of-ostrander-point-ms-kari-gunson-on-access-roads-and-blandings-turtles/ .
4. Scottish expert Martin Scott on birds and wind energy projects: https://ccsage.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/day-9-of-ostrander-point-scottish-expert-martin-scott-on-birds-and-wind-energy-projects/ .
Next ERT sessions
Please attend one or more of the ERT sessions in Demorestville at the Sophiasburgh Town Hall:
- Wednesday, April 3, 10:00 am — Dr. Fred Beaudry on Blanding’s turtle.
- Thursday, 9:00 am — Ted Cheskey, Nature Canada.
- Friday, 9:00 am — Bill Evans, Cornell University.
We’re desperate for donations
If you are able, please consider donating to the legal fund of one or both Appellants:
• PECFN — for the natural environment phase: see www.saveostranderpoint.org .
• APPEC — for the human health phase: see www.appec.ca .