About the Coalition
Welcome to the blog and website of CCSAGE Naturally Green, sponsored by the County Coalition for Safe and Appropriate Green Energy. We are the #1 source for news and information on the wind energy development issue in Prince Edward County.
Our home page is a blog which is updated with news items relevant to the County a couple of times per week. If you wish to receive new postings automatically, click on “Receive new posts via email” on top right of this page and enter your email address. Or follow us on Facebook (search for our full name) or on Twitter @GaryMooneyPEC.
CCSAGE, which is comprised of citizens and business owners in Prince Edward County, has as its mission:
- To SHARE credible information about the wind energy development issue with County residents, business owners and municipal government.
- To identify and promote ways to PROTECT the County from the adverse effects of uncontrolled, large-scale wind energy development in the County.
Our major areas of concern include social / cultural, economic and environmental issues and effects on:
- Human health from noise and infrasound.
- Residential property values and property rights.
- The natural environment — birds, bats and other wildlife.
- County heritage.
- Municipal control over land use.
- Our local economy — tourism and creative businesses.
- Provincial energy policy.
CCSAGE is a not-for-profit membership corporation, originally formed in 2009 and incorporated in 2014. Currently, our Board of Directors is comprised of Anne Dumbrille (Chair), Karen Empringham (Vice-Chair) and Garth Manning (Secretary). Our mailing address is 17203 Loyalist Parkway, Wellington, ON K0K 3L0.
Please browse the site and comment on posts that interest you. If you would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.