Overview and contacts
Welcome to the website and blog of CCSAGE Naturally Green, the County Coalition for Safe and Appropriate Green Energy. We are the #1 source for news and information on the wind energy development issue in Prince Edward County.
Our home page is a blog updated regularly with news items relevant to the County. If you wish to receive new postings automatically, click on “Receive new posts via email” at the top right of this page, and enter your email address. Alternatively, you can follow us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/CCSAGENG).
CCSAGE, which is comprised of citizens and business owners in Prince Edward County has, as its priorities:
- To SHARE credible information about the wind energy development issue with County residents, business owners and municipal government;
- To identify and promote ways to PROTECT the County from the adverse effects of uncontrolled, large-scale wind energy development in the County; and
- To CHALLENGE various aspects of Green Energy Act via a Judicial Review.
Our concerns include adverse social, economic or environmental effects of industrial wind turbines on:
- Human health, from turbine noise and infrasound.
- Residential property values and property rights.
- The natural environment — birds, bats, turtles and other wildlife.
- The County’s cultural heritage.
- Our local economy — tourism, wineries, creative businesses.
- Municipal control over land use.
- Provincial energy policy.
We work closely with other County groups dealing with the wind turbine issue, including assistance with fundraising:
- APPEC, the Alliance to Protect Prince Edward County.
- PECFN, Prince Edward County Field Naturalists.
CCSAGE Naturally Green is a not-for-profit membership corporation, originally formed in 2009 and incorporated in 2014. Currently, our Board of Directors is comprised of Anne Dumbrille (Chair) and John Hirsch (Secretary).
Memberships are available at $20 per year, single or family, and donations are welcomed (neither is tax deductible.) You can safely use the Donate button to the right OR mail a cheque payable to CCSAGE Naturally Green:
538 Morrison Point Road, Milford, ON, K0K 2P0. Make sure to include your email address.
Please browse the site and comment on posts that interest you. If you would like more information, please email our Directors at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .